Regenerative Landscape Design
Our ecologically responsible landscape design service will transform your ho-hum yard or garden into an abundant, flourishing paradise for symbiotic lifecycles.
We don’t just design, we educate. Our clients are left with a diverse set of skills to manage their new design. And unlike conventional landscape designs, especially those including wide expanses of lawn, an Earthius design will, over time, require less and less time and energy to maintain. Our designs are cheaper to install than conventional landscaping, and will incur little to no cost to maintain.
Tired of mowing the lawn? Weary of the constant battles with weeds? Want to walk out of your door to a lush assortment of herbs and vegetables you actually want to eat? An ecologically sound design can harvest rainwater, build soil structure and fertility, conserve water, purify runoff, diversify wildlife and habitat, and be incredibly beautiful!
Earthius designs can be incorporated on a suburban plot or a large homestead. There are even ways to incorporate beauty, water catchment, and food production in a container garden for apartments and condos!
Intake questionnaire, online research, mapping and report, delivered via email and a 1-3 hour phone conversation, depending on the size and scope of the proposed property. $300-$500
Great for DIY property owners who need on-the-ground input from an expert. Also good if you are on the fence about purchasing a design plan. 2-4+ hrs on property plus a report delivered via email. $400-$700 +travel
This role includes hiring and supervising subcontractors and installers, sourcing and transporting inputs, troubleshooting onsite issues, reporting, budgeting, accounting. $50/hr
Basic Design Plan
A comprehensive design plan that may be appropriate for residential and hobby homestead applications. Mapping, zoning, sector overlays and a detailed report and cost analysis are included. $500-$3000
Complex Design Plan
For properties where large earthworks will be required, infrastructure and buildings will be installed, and/or the owner wishes to either be off-grid or produce an income from the property. $1,000-$3,500
Elements and Issues We Address
For an Existing Residential Property
– increase wildlife and pollinator habitat
- reduce inputs and workloads over time
– manage water movement (hold or redirect)
– drought-proof the landscape
– close natural system cycles
– tiered landscaping techniques
– increase soil fertility in production zones
– convert lawns to pollinator meadows
– increase food production
– reduce energy use
– lower carbon footprint
Additionally, for a Larger Piece of Land
– situate buildings
– position roads, swales, dams and ponds
– design earth works for maximum impact
– placement of orchards, pastures, gardens, etc.
– integrate livestock options
– identify income generating possibilities
– restore soil and usefulness of crop or pasture acreage
– estimate costs to implement design
– create an implementation timetable